Prutor is a software system for teaching introductory programming. It comprises among other things, an interface where students can solve programming problems, and receive immediate feedback on their solutions, while solving the problems. What makes Prutor unique is the ability to integrate feedback generation tools into the system in order to provide instant feedback. There are a lot of other tools which can be integrated into the system for simplification of tutoring tasks, such as grading, problem generation and test-case generation.
Prutor's data is being used by several researchers for understanding the way student's learn programming, the kind of mistakes they make often, and gain other insights to improve teaching of introductory programming courses. The results have been published at various conferences and technical reports. We are releasing dataset used by some of these projects. The data is anonymized to make sure that the students can not be identified. If you use the data below, kindly give due credits to both Prutor and the particular research group.
- 24X7 Access: You can view videos as per your own convenience.
- Online lectures: ~ 2 hours of online lectures with high-quality videos.
- Updated Quality content: Content is latest and gets updated regularly to meet the current industry demands.
- A System to Help Teach Introductory Programming - Prof. Amey Karkare (Part - 01)
- A System to Help Teach Introductory Programming - Prof. Amey Karkare (Part - 02)
- Automated Tutoring of Introductory Programming - Prof. Amey Karkare
- How to Use Prutor?
- The access to the course can be extended 3 months at a time (for upto 4 times) just by sending a mail requesting for an extension to the email id in the footer.
- The hard copy of the certificate shall be shipped to your registered address or your college
- There is no soft copy of the certificate.
- To get access to the certificate - you need to take the online exam at the end of the course