About the course
In this course, you will learn about the components of a computer which includes Memory, processor, input and output devices along with storage and operating system. You will also understand the concept of assembler, compiler, interpreter, loader, and linker. Then you will be introduced to algorithms and flowcharts which includes representation of an algorithm, flowchart, along with the concept of pseudo code and its examples, converting algorithms to programs and writing source code.
After that, you will learn about the basics of programming which includes the structure of a C program, how to write and execute a C program. In addition to this, you will learn about the various types of errors such as logical errors and syntax errors. You will also learn about the components of the C language, variables, data types, memory locations, and storage classes. Then you will learn about arithmetic operators and their precedence, if-else, switch-case statements, for loop, while and do-while loops, break and continue statements. You will also learn about functions, arrays, basic searching and sorting algorithms in detail. The course will conclude with detailed coverage of pointers and file operations in C.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Develop simple algorithms for arithmetic and logical problems.
- Translate the algorithms to programs in C language and execute them.
- Implement conditional branching, iteration, and recursion.
- Decompose a problem into functions and synthesize a complete program using the divide and conquer approach.
- Use arrays, pointers, and structures to develop algorithms and programs.
- Boost your hireability through innovative and independent learning.
- Get a certificate on successful completion of the course.
The course can be taken by:
Students: Students: All students who are pursuing any technical/professional courses, and wish to enter application programming industry.
Teachers/Faculties: All computer science and engineering teachers/faculties.
Professionals: All working professionals from the IT industry.
Why learn Programming for Problem Solving?
Problem-solving refers to your ability to solve problems in an effective and timely manner without any impediments. Whether you are a student, a parent, a businessperson, or the president of any country, you face problems every day that needs solving. For all these things, problem-solving is really really important. Especially when it comes to programming, problem-solving is the must. If you do not develop sound problem-solving skills, you will end up messing around with a given problem, and you would not be able to obtain a solution for ages.
- 24X7 Access: You can view lectures as per your own convenience.
- Online lectures: 10 hours of online lectures with high-quality videos.
- Updated Quality content: Content is latest and gets updated regularly to meet the current industry demands.
Test & Evaluation
There will be a final test containing a set of multiple choice questions. Your evaluation will include the scores achieved in the final test.
- The access to the course can be extended 3 months at a time (for upto 4 times) just by sending a mail requesting for an extension to the email id in the footer.
- The hard copy of the certificate shall be shipped to your registered address or your college
- There is no soft copy of the certificate.
- To get access to the certificate - you need to take the online exam at the end of the course
Basic mathematical calculation skills and logical skills
Topics to be covered
Overview of C: History of C, Importance of C, Elements of C: C character set, identifiersand keywords, Data types, Constants and Variables, Assignment statement, Symbolicconstant, Structure of a C Program, printf(), scanf() Functions, Operators & Expression:Arithmetic, relational, logical, bitwise, unary, assignment, shorthand assignment operators,conditional operators and increment and decrement operators, Arithmetic expressions,evaluation of arithmetic expression, type casting and conversion, operator hierarchy &associativity.
Decision making & branching: Decision making with IF statement, IF-ELSE statement,Nested IF statement, ELSE-IF ladder, switch statement, goto statement.Decision making & looping: For, while, and do-while loop, jumps in loops, break, continuestatement, Nested loops.
Functions: Standard Mathematical functions, Input/output: Unformatted & formatted I/Ofunction in C, Input functions viz. getch(), getche(), getchar(), gets(), output functions viz.,putch(), putchar(), puts(), string manipulation functions.User defined functions: Introduction/Definition, prototype, Local and global variables,passing parameters, recursion.
Arrays, strings and pointers: Definition, types, initialization, processing an array, passingarrays to functions, Array of Strings. String constant and variables, Declaration andinitialization of string, Input/output of string data, Introduction to pointers.Storage classes in C: auto, extern, register and static storage class, their scope, storage, &lifetime.
As a part of this program, you are required to do project work. The project specifications have been drawn in consultation with the industry. The project work has to meet these specifications and can be done in group of upto 5 members.
Create a powerpoint presentation of at least 30 slides on (any one of the following):
- Different types of processors and differences between them
- What is Operating System and its types
- The concept of assembler, Compiler, Interpreter, Loader, and Linker
- Algorithms, Flowcharts and Pseudocode
- Pointer arithmetic
- Types of Memory allocation in C
Write a C program to : (~30 minutes each)
- Read two integers numbers and find subtraction of given numbers.
- Read two integer numbers and find their SUM and Average and then both results will be printed on the screen.
- Read a character and print the ASCII value of that character.
- Read an integer number and find out cube of that number using two methods:
- 1. Without using pow() function
- 2. Using pow() function
- Read divisor and dividend and then find the quotient and remainder and print the results on the screen
- Read principle, amount and rate and then calculate simple interest of borrowed principle based on given number of years and rate
- Read an integer number and program will check whether given integer number is EVEN or ODD
- Read three integer number from user and print the largest number among them
- Read the age from user and check that if a person is eligible for voting or not
- Read marks in 3 subjects, we will find the total, percentage and print the division based on the percentage
- Read Basic Salary of an employee and calculate HRA, DA, and Provident Fund, based on these parameters After that, calculate the gross salary of the employee and print it on the screen.
- Convert temperature from Fahrenheit to Celsius and vice versa. The program should ask the choice for conversion from the user and find the converted temperature based on given input.
- Read two integer number as X and Y and them calculate the X^Y (X to the power Y) and print the result on Screen
- Read two integer numbers and find the differences of two integer numbers. The program should check which number is the largest and to calculate the difference. The smallest number will be subtracted from largest number
- Print size of variables using sizeof() operator
- Read radius of a circle and find the perimeter and area of a circle
- Read length and breadth of a rectangle and calculate its area and print it on the screen
- Read distance in feet and convert the distance in inches. Then program will print converted feet and remaining inches on the screen
- Swap two integer numbers without using temporary variable
- Read name and marital status of a girl and print her name Miss or Mrs based on given marital status
- Find the sum of all numbers from 0 to N without using loop
- Read gender in single character like 'M' or 'F' and print its corresponding complete word "Male" or "Female" using switch case statement in C language
- Read two integer numbers and perform basic operations like +, -, *, / and % using switch case statement in C language (the program should be a simple calculator program with basic operations)
- Read month value and print the total number of days in input month in C language
- Print all the EVEN numbers from given range (1 to N) using while loop
- Read an integer and print its multiplication table
- Print all Armstrong numbers from 1 to N
- Print square, cube and square root of all numbers from 1 to N
- Read a string from the user and calculate their length without using string library function
- Read a string from the user and copy the string in another string variable without using string library function
- Read two strings and concatenate them without using library function
- Print the Fibonacci series till N numbers (which will be input through the user) using recursion
- Read an integer value and print its factorial using recursion, in this program there will be a function which will calculate factorial by calling itself (recursion)
- Read base and power and calculate its result using recursion, for example base is 2 and power is 3 then result will be (2^3=8)
- Read and print One Dimensional Array of integer elements
- Calculate Sum, Product of all elements of One Dimensional Array of integers
- Replace all EVEN elements by 0 and Odd by 1 in One Dimensional Array
- Merge Two One Dimensional Arrays elements
- Read a matrix and print its transpose matrix
- Read two matrices and find their sum (addition) and subtraction, and store the results in two different matrices
- Find multiplication of two matrices
- Read and print the employee's details like name, employee id, salary etc using structure
- Find SUM and AVERAGE of two integer numbers using user defined functions
- Print Table of an Integer Number using user defined functions
- Find Total Amount of purchased Items by Passing Structure as an Argument using user defined functions
- Reverse array elements
- Sort a one dimensional array in ascending order
- Delete given element from one dimensional array
- To add and subtract elements of Two One Dimensional Arrays
Please make sure that these slides or programs are not copied from any sources and are based on your own research / learning from the course.