About the course
This course teaches you the entire of the core knowledge required to write Java code. This course covers primitive data types, comments, class, import statement, Scanner class, and the final keyword. It also covers Strings, static keyword along with access specifiers such as private, protected, public. You also get to learn about constructors, math class, hasNextLine method, the nextLine method, getters, and setters. In addition to this, it covers method overloading, Random class, type casting in Java, and the toString method.
It also covers conversion from Strings to primitives, conversion from primitives to Strings along with conditional statements such as if, else, else-if, and switch-case statements. The course also covers different print statements in Java such as print, println, printf. You also get to learn about various types of operators in Java, which are logical operators, comparison operators, and ternary operator. The course also covers loops in Java such as for, while, do while, and for each loop along with break and continue statements. Not only this, the course also covers polymorphism, arrays, and multidimensional arrays etc.
Credit Score = 1+1+20+(2+1+15) = 40 (Formula to calculate credit score is available here)
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Get familiar with the concepts of core Java programming.
- Create a console based Java application.
- Get ready for mobile applications development on Android platform.
- Boost your hireability through innovative and independent learning.
- Get a certificate on successful completion of the course.
The course can be taken by:
Students: All students who are pursuing professional graduate/post-graduate courses related to computer science or Information Technology.
Teachers/Faculties: All computer science teachers/faculties.
Professionals: All IT professionals, who wish to acquire new skills or upgrade their existing skills.
Why learn Java Programming?
Java is an open source, platform independent language. In subsequent years, the language has become the backbone of millions of applications across multiple platforms including Windows, Macintosh and UNIX-based desktops, Android-based mobiles, embedded systems and enterprise solutions. According to Oracle (that acquired Sun Microsystems in 2010), Java now runs on more than 3 billion devices. Java is the most useful programming language for developing GUI based applications. Java is the choice of many software developers for writing applications involving scientific calculations and mathematical operations. These programs are generally considered to be fast and secure, have a higher degree of portability and low maintenance.
Applications like MATLAB use Java both for interacting user interface and as part of the core system. From tiny embedded systems to anything as Big as Hadoop, Java is the base for several applications. It is good to learn Java not only to become a Java Programmer but also to move to the next level in your career by getting trained in Android or Hadoop. As we all know, Android has emerged as one of the best career options. Android developers need to know Java in order to develop applications and games on Android. Similarly, Java is the base for learning Big Data and Hadoop. You can master Hadoop and its fundamentals, only if you are well familiar with Java. Prospects are bright for you with knowledge of programming languages like Java. As of 2018, there are a lot of opportunities for Java programmers. With a projected growth rate of 19 percent for the 2014-2024 period (according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics for all application programming), the career prospects for Java programmers are indeed excellent.
- 24X7 Access: You can view lecture as per your own convenience.
- Online lectures: ~50 minutes of online lecture with high-quality video.
- Updated Quality content: Content is latest and gets updated regularly to meet the current industry demands.
Test & Evaluation
There will be a final test containing a set of multiple choice questions. Your evaluation will include the scores achieved in the final test.
- The access to the course can be extended 3 months at a time (for upto 4 times) just by sending a mail requesting for an extension to the email id in the footer.
- The hard copy of the certificate shall be shipped to your registered address or your college
- There is no soft copy of the certificate.
- To get access to the certificate - you need to take the online exam at the end of the course