About the course
This course will teach you how to use the data structures to organize data in the program. This course enables you to play around with data and organize the data using the collection classes and interfaces. In this course, you will go into more detail as you delve into the interface and class hierarchy for collections. You will be able to work with List interface, Map interface and Set interface along with the classes that implement these interfaces, such as ArrayList, LinkedList, HashMap, SortedMap, HashSet, Treeset etc. The course also covers the use of Iterator class of the Iterable interface which was later replaced by the enhanced for loop.
Credit Score = 4+1+20+(8+1+12) = 46 (Formula to calculate credit score is available here)
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Use the type hierarchy in Collections Framework of Java.
- Write code which uses iterators, either directly or indirectly using the enhanced for loop.
- Use Comparator objects, and write code to implement your own Comparator objects
- Understand and use Map types in Java.
- Boost your hireability through innovative and independent learning.
- Get a certificate on successful completion of the course.
The course can be taken by:
Students: All students who are pursuing professional graduate/post-graduate courses and have knowledge of core Java.
Teachers/Faculties: All computer science teachers/faculties.
Professionals: All Java professionals.
Why learn Java Collections Framework?
As per the official website of Java, the most important part of core Java platform is the collections framework. The collections framework is a unified architecture, which represents and manipulates collections, enables collections to be modified independently of implementation details. Learning Java collections framework decreases the efforts required in programming as it provides data structures and algorithms, and thus the programmer does not have to put efforts into writing them. It enables interoperability between unrelated APIs as it establishes a common language to pass collections back and forth.
A fresher with knowledge of core Java and Java collections framework can earn up to 4-5 lakhs p.a. With experience and recognized certifications, Java Programmers can earn as high as 12-13 lakhs p.a. Most of the top MNCs, as well as start-ups, are hunting for Java Professionals who have sound knowledge of core Java concepts including the collections framework. Whether it is Infosys, Accenture, IBM, TCS, demand for Java Professionals is on a rise! Google, Amazon, LinkedIn, Blogger, eBay, Twitter, all use Java to build useful applications.
- 24X7 Access: You can view lectures as per your own convenience.
- Online lectures: 4 hours of online lectures with high-quality videos.
- Updated Quality content: Content is latest and gets updated regularly to meet the current industry demands.
Test & Evaluation
Each lecture will have a quiz containing a set of multiple choice questions. Apart from that, there will be a final test based on multiple choice questions.
Your evaluation will include the overall scores achieved in each lecture quiz and the final test.
- The access to the course can be extended 3 months at a time (for upto 4 times) just by sending a mail requesting for an extension to the email id in the footer.
- The hard copy of the certificate shall be shipped to your registered address or your college
- There is no soft copy of the certificate.
- To get access to the certificate - you need to take the online exam at the end of the course