This course is designed to provide you an overview of Information Technology tools which are used in day to day computer and database operations. The course covers provides comprehensive knowledge about the hardware and software components of computer, operating system, various packages used for different applications, database concepts and various issues related to Information Technology and applications of IT.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Acquire the foundation level knowledge required to understand computer and its applications
- Understand about the various hardware and software components of the computer system
- Understand the basic concept of operating system and know about various types of operating systems available in the market
- Learn how to use the software packages of word processing, spreadsheets and presentations in detail
- Understand various concepts of database and its operations
- Understand what are the different issues related to Information Technology and IT applications
Credit Score = 8+1+34+(16+1+20) = 80 (Formula to calculate credit score is available here)
The course can be taken by:
Students: All students who are pursuing any technical diploma courses from ITI/Polytechnic.
Teachers/Faculties: All teachers/faculties who wish to acquire computing skills.
Professionals: All working professionals, who wish to acquire new skills or who need to gain computing skills.
Why learn IT Tools and Business Systems?
Computer skills are a basic requirement for a large number of jobs. Almost any office job you apply for will require you to possess basic typing and data entry skills, as well as a basic understanding of how to use an operating system. Most office work requires job applicants to be familiar with office productivity software as well, such as word processors and spreadsheet programs. Nearly 80% of middle-skill jobs require digital literacy, according to a Capital One report. Spreadsheet and word processing proficiencies are a baseline requirement, with 78% of jobs requiring these skills. In addition, information technology has become the heart and soul of almost every industry due to the fact that it fosters innovation in business. Innovation results in smarter apps, improved data storage, faster processing, and wider information distribution. Innovation makes businesses run more efficiently. And innovation increases value, enhances quality, and boosts productivity. Therefore knowing about IT tools is very important and crucial considering the present rapidly growing IT market.
24X7 Access: You can view lectures as per your own convenience.
Online lectures: ~8 hours hours of online lectures with high-quality videos.
Updated Quality content: Content is latest and gets updated regularly to meet the current industry demands.
Test & Evaluation
There will be a final test containing a set of multiple choice questions. Your evaluation will include the scores achieved in the final test.
- The access to the course can be extended 3 months at a time (for upto 4 times) just by sending a mail requesting for an extension to the email id in the footer.
- The hard copy of the certificate shall be shipped to your registered address or your college
- There is no soft copy of the certificate.
- To get access to the certificate - you need to take the online exam at the end of the course
Create the following folders under the specified locations using windows.
- D1 on desktop
- R1 on the c: i.e. root
- D2 on desktop
- R2 on the c:
Do the following:
- Create a folder D1-1 under the D1 folder
- Create a folder D2-1 under the D2 folder
- Copy this D2-1 folder and paste it under R1 folder
- Delete the folder D2-1 from R1 folder
- Create the folder R1-1 under R1 folder
- Copy R1-1 folder under the R2 folder
- Rename folder R1-1 under R2 folder as ‘subfolder of R2’
- From the c: copy all files to folder R2
- Delete all the files from the folder R2
- Recover all the deleted files
Do the following:
- Interchange the functions of left and right mouse buttons
- Change the wallpaper of your computer and set it to a paint brush file made by you
- Change the screen saver of your computer and change it to ‘marquee’, set your name as the text and wait time should be 2 minutes.
Do the following settings
- Display pointer trails
- Change the normal pointer of a mouse to another pointer
- Set the date advanced by 2 months
- Reset the system date & time
- Set the system time late by 2 hrs: 40 minutes
Create a document in Word on a topic of your choice. Format the document with various fonts (minimum 12, maximum 15) and margins (minimum 2, maximum 4). The document should include:
- A bulleted or numbered list
- A table containing name, address, basic pay, department as column heading
- A picture of lion using clip art gallery
- An example of word art
- A header with student name & date
- A footer with pagination
Create a document with the text given below and save it as first.doc
A Read only Memory is a memory unit that performs the read operation only, it does not have a write capability. This implies that binary information stored in a ROM is made permanent during the hardware production of the unit and cannot be altered by writing different words into it. Whereas a RAM is a general-purpose device whose contents can be altered during the computational process, a ROM is restricted to reading words that are permanently stored in the unit. The binary information to be stored, specified by the designer, is then embedded in the unit to form the required interconnection pattern.
Do the following
- Count the occurrences of the word “ROM” in the above document
- Replace ROM with Read Only Memory in the entire document
- Underline the text Read Only Memory
- Make an autocorrect entry for ROM and it should be replaced by Read Only Memory
Use first.doc to perform the following operations:
- Make the first line of document bold
- Make the second line italic
- Underline the third line
- Align the fourth line to center
- Make the font color of first line as red
- Change the font style of fifth line to Arial
- Change the second line to 18 points
- Insert the date & time at the start of document
Use the first.doc document earlier saved and perform the page setting as follows
Top Margin 1.3”
Bottom margin 1.4”
Left margin 1.30”
Right margin 1.30”
Gutter margin 1.2”
Paper size executive
Insert a table. The table should have 5 columns. The auto behavior should be ‘Fixed column width’. The following report has to be created in the table.
- Heading should have a font size of 18, color should be blue and font should be bold.
- The data should have a font size of 12, color should be Red and font should be italic
- Insert a new row between 3 & 4 and type the data and reorder the sr. no column.
Create a table in word as shown below.
||Marks in Physics
||Marks in Chemistry
Do the following:
- In the total marks column, entries should be calculated using formulas and it is the sum of marks in physics and marks in chemistry.
- Insert a new row at the end of the table and also find grand total using formula.
- Sort the table based on total marks
- The date and heading should be center aligned
- Heading should be in bold and underlined
Task 9 :
Make a document with the following:
- It should have 3 pages
- It should have bookmarks named book1, book2, and book3 for the respective pages
- Using go to command go to the
- Page no 2
- Bookmark named book3
- Insert one page break on page 2 to make total no. of pages 4
- Insert page number at each page
Make an autocorrect entry so that
- Teh is replaced by The
- Nmae is replaced by Name
- Abouta is replaced by About a
Define a Macro ‘Decorate’ which makes the text bold, Red in color and italic, font size 14. Assign a shortcut key Alt + Z to this macro.