The objective of this course is to provide you the conceptual and technological developments in the field of Internet and web designing. The course focuses on comprehensive knowledge of Internet and its applications along with TCP/IP protocols which are widely deployed to provide Internet connectivity across the globe. Since the world wide web has become an integral part of the Internet, therefore the focus of this course is also on basic concepts of web design.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the web and Internet technologies
- Understand the basic concepts for network implementation
- Understand the basic working scheme of Internet and World Wide Web
- Learn about the fundamental tools and technologies for web design
- Comprehend the technologies for Hypertext Mark-up Language (HTML)
- Specify the design rules in constructing websites and web pages
- Figure out and understand about various security hazards on the Internet and the need of security measures
Credit Score = 8+1+30+(16+1+30) = 86 (Formula to calculate credit score is available here)
The course can be taken by:
Students: All students who are pursuing any technical diploma courses from ITI/Polytechnic.
Teachers/Faculties: All teachers/faculties who wish to acquire computing skills.
Professionals: All working professionals, who wish to acquire new skills or who need to gain computing skills.
Why learn Internet Technology and Web Design?
Things are changing rapidly as the world is progressing. In this modern world people are using advanced machines to do their work. Computer is the most advanced machine that people use to do their work. A computer without an Internet connection is like a body without a soul. It is almost impossible to imagine a world without the Internet. The simplest activities such as communication and entertainment rely heavily on the Internet. The Internet, based on its definition, connects different computers and users. Today, the Internet does more than just connecting computers. The Internet connects people, lives, stories, and businesses. It is a source of information, a social platform, and a business network. The Internet has diverse uses depending on the needs of an individual or the setting. Due to the growth in Internet, there is an abrupt growth in web content. People focus more on highlighting their online presence. For that, the major focus is on designing websites and web pages that can make them distinguished online. The design of your website can either make or break the business you are trying to deliver. It actually makes a difference on how your target audience views your business or company and potentially turn them into your customers. As such, developing a website design that has an impressive user interface will result in a much better conversion rate, which leads to better business and revenue. It offers great career prospects to the people who have skills to design websites and web pages. There are many companies which employ a web designer/developer for their front-end and back-end web development projects. Moreover, you can work individually as a web designer and set up your business. The important profession parts in this field are front-end developer and back-end developer.
24X7 Access: You can view lectures as per your own convenience.
Online lectures: ~8 hours hours of online lectures with high-quality videos.
Updated Quality content: Content is latest and gets updated regularly to meet the current industry demands.
- The access to the course can be extended 3 months at a time (for upto 4 times) just by sending a mail requesting for an extension to the email id in the footer.
- The hard copy of the certificate shall be shipped to your registered address or your college
- There is no soft copy of the certificate.
- To get access to the certificate - you need to take the online exam at the end of the course
- Open the website of Yahoo! with the help of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox
- Check the properties of your browser
- Change the Home Page of your browser
- Check the History and clear the history
- Create a Bookmark
Create our email account on any of the familiar email services like hotmail, yahoo, rediffmail etc
- Compose and send an email to a friend
- Get the email addresses of five of your classmates. Add them to the address book of your email program. Send them each an email
- Receive an email from a friend
- Attach a document to the email
- Retrieve an attachment from an email received
- Open the search engines google and search for ‘Doeacc’
- Check the Advanced Search Options of Google
- Open the search engines Yahoo and search for ‘Indian Railway’
Prepare a "resume.html" that might include such information as:
- distinguishing marks
- special interests
- work history
- education and training
- job objective
- relevant skills and experience
Make a table with your friend’s details in it
- Column One, your friends names
- Column Two, Address of your friends
- Column Three, Mobile No of your friends
- Column Four, Birth-Date of your friends
Create a 4x3 table
- Within each table, place 12 images of Indian Tourist Spots, in each box
- Each image link to the corresponding site of Tourist Spot
- Each Image must be at least 100x100 in size
Design the form using HTML tags. Use the following:
- Form Heading: Employment Exchange
- First Name (text box)
- Second Name (text box)
- Father's Name (text box)
- Date of Birth (text box)
- Gender M (check box) F (check box)
- Qualification (drop down)
- Stream: Science (drop down)
- Percentage Marks (text box)
- Nationality (drop down)
- Religion (drop down)
- Category (drop down)
- Mailing Address (rich text box)
- Permanent Address (rich text box)
- Submit (button) Reset (button)
Design a dummy HTML webpage for ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 which contains the following information:
- Teams Participating
- 15 member squad for each team
- Match schedule
- Venue details
- Add hyperlinks from wikipedia wherever possible
Create a page with two frames
- The left frame of page contains the list of names & Images of the Indian National Heroes
- On the left frame when you click on name or image, the details will be shown on the right frame
Create a job application form.
- Create an area called section one and place text boxes that receives details:
- High School
- Create an area called section two and place text boxes that receives details:
- Previous Employment
At the end place a submit button
Take the picture of the motherboard
- Place an image map on each item that is pointed out on the picture
- Have them link to some information that you know about them
- There should be some sort of navigation or a back button on each page
Create a style in the <head> section
- Change the lists size to h4
- Change the links size to h2
- Both should also have different colors
Create a style in the <head> section
- Create a list of each person's first name in the class
- Each name has a different color and or size
- Your name must be the biggest
Write VbScript code for displaying an alert dialog box with OK button, welcoming a user with a message “Welcome To my Website”. As soon as the OK button is clicked, an image is displayed in the web browser.
Create a VbScript file that contains
- A textbox to accept a string and a button
- When user clicks the button the script checks whether that string is palindrome or not Web Page
Validate the form "Employment Exchange" that you created in Task 7. The following validation checks are required:
- First name, second name should not be left empty
- Percentage marks should be numeric
- Mailing address must contain @ symbol in it
- Has a button called check out
- when this button is clicked on, it summons two windows
- Window 1: Have a question that tells the user to input value of the item
- Window 2: Have a question that requests the user to input the amount of sales tax
Have a sentence that displays the cost of the item, the sales tax, and your final price
Create a document that reads and stores cookies containing a user name and number of times, he or she has visited your website. Whenever the user visits the site, the system displays the cookies in alert dialogue box, increments the counter cookie by 1 and then resets the counter’s expiration date to one year from the current date.
Create an HTML document that calculates the square feet of carpet required to carpet a room. Include three text boxes; Create one text box for width of room and another for the length of the room in linear feet. Also create a text box for the cost per square foot of carpeting. When you calculate the cost, add 25% to the total number of square feet to account for the closets and other features of the room. Display the total cost in an alert dialogue box.
- Has three textboxes and a button
- The details to be accepted using textboxes are principal, rate of interest, and duration in years
- When user clicks the Ok button a message box appears showing the simple interest of principal amount