This aim of this course is to introduce you to the fundamentals of Data Structures, abstract concepts, and how these concepts are useful in problem solving. This course covers in detail the design and analysis of algorithms along with the basics of C++ programming language including elementary data structures such as arrays and linked lists, abstract data types like stacks, queues, and trees. It also provides you an exposure to various searching and sorting techniques along with their performance analysis.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the basics of C++ programming language
- Understand the object oriented programming concepts like Inheritance, abstraction, polymorphism etc
- Develop algorithms and analyze them step by step to solve real world problems
- Implement various data structures such as arrays, linked lists, stacks, queues, trees and graphs in your programs
- Perform search and sort operations to filter data by utilizing different searching and sorting techniques
The course can be taken by:
Students: All students who are pursuing any technical or professional degree courses in computer science or IT.
Teachers/Faculties: All computer Science or IT teachers/faculties who wish to acquire new skills or enhance their skills in data structures
Professionals: All working professionals, who wish to acquire new skills or who need to improve their efficiency in data structures.
Why learn data structures through C++?
Data structures and algorithms are some of the most essential topics for programmers, both to get a job and to do well on a job. Good knowledge of data structures and algorithms is the foundation of writing good code. If you are familiar with essential data structures like array, stack, queue, linked list, tree, graph, map etc, then you will know when to use which data structure and compute the CPU and memory cost of your code. Even though you don’t need to write your own array, linked list, or hashtable, given every major programming SDK provides them, e.g. JDK or C++ STL library, you will need to understand them so that you can use them in the right place.
Ideally, data structures and algorithms should be learned in schools and colleges, but it’s rarely ever covered. Most of the programmers, only get introduced to a data structure in our computer science courses, but they don’t really learn the real-world importance of them, and that’s why they don’t understand them better. For them, they are just the algorithms and data structures e.g. some concept, not a tool that you can use to write good programs. Do you know that Facebook use them to store our details and Google use them to store web pages and link to search queries. That is why it is very important to have working knowledge of data structures in order to become a successful IT/software professional.
24X7 Access: You can view lectures as per your own convenience.
Online lectures: ~5 hours of online lectures with high-quality videos.
Updated Quality content: Content is latest and gets updated regularly to meet the current industry demands.
Test & Evaluation
There will be a final test containing a set of multiple choice questions. Your evaluation will include the scores achieved in the final test.
- The access to the course can be extended 3 months at a time (for upto 4 times) just by sending a mail requesting for an extension to the email id in the footer.
- The hard copy of the certificate shall be shipped to your registered address or your college
- There is no soft copy of the certificate.
- To get access to the certificate - you need to take the online exam at the end of the course