This course helps you to get familiar with the computer hardware design including the logic design, the basic structure and behavior of the various functional modules of the computer and how they interact to provide processing requirements to the user. The course mainly focuses on computer hardware and system software. The course aims to describe the building blocks of computer, the computer design, and assembly language programming.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the basic structure of computer
- Perform computer arithmetic operations
- Understand the theory and architecture of central processing unit
- Understand the control unit operations
- Learn the concepts of Handshaking, pipelining, and interprocessor communication.
- Understand the concept of cache mapping techniques
- Understand the concept of I/O organization
- Define different number systems, binary addition and subtraction, 2’s complement representation and operations with this representation.
- Get familiar with Assembly Language programming and Intel 8086 microprocessor
- Get familiar with the representation of data, addressing modes, and instructions sets
- Get familiar with the basic knowledge of the design of digital logic circuits and apply to computer organization
Credit Score = 6 + 1 + 20+(12+1+15) = 55 (Formula to calculate credit score is available here)
The course can be taken by:
Students: All students who are pursuing any technical or professional degree courses in computer science or IT.
Teachers/Faculties: All computer Science or IT teachers/faculties who wish to acquire new skills or enhance their skills in computer architecture and organization.
Professionals: All working professionals, who wish to acquire new skills or who need to improve their efficiency in computer architecture and organization.
Why learn Computer System Architecture?
Computer system architecture and organization focuses on the function and design of the various components necessary to process information digitally. The study of computer architecture and organization focuses on the interface between hardware and software and emphasizes the structure and behavior of the system. Computer architects familiar with a variety of operating systems and programming languages generally have the best job opportunities. While there are no projections specifically for computer architects, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) states that computer network architects are expected to experience a 9% job growth during the period of 2014-2024.
24X7 Access: You can view lectures as per your own convenience.
Online lectures: ~6 hours hours of online lectures with high-quality videos.
Updated Quality content: Content is latest and gets updated regularly to meet the current industry demands.
Test & Evaluation
There will be a final test containing a set of multiple choice questions. Your evaluation will include the scores achieved in the final test.
- The access to the course can be extended 3 months at a time (for upto 4 times) just by sending a mail requesting for an extension to the email id in the footer.
- The hard copy of the certificate shall be shipped to your registered address or your college
- There is no soft copy of the certificate.
- To get access to the certificate - you need to take the online exam at the end of the course