About the course
In this course, you will develop a complete program on particle fire explosion, which involves uses of graphics libraries along with fundamental and advanced concepts of C++ programming. This course covers the fundamental concepts of C++ programming including working with operators, functions, loops etc. Advanced concepts like object-oriented programming are also covered in this course, which includes working with classes and objects, using Inheritance and encapsulation etc. In addition to this, the course covers the use of SDL, which is a graphics library, and a vital part in the development of a game or a GUI application. The comprehensive use of SDL has been demonstrated to produce an incredible program on particle fire explosion.
Credit Score = 16+7+12+(32+7+10) = 84(Formula to calculate credit score is available here)
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the syntax and semantics of the C++ programming language.
- Write inline functions for efficiency and performance.
- Create C++ classes for code reuse.
- Implement copy constructors and class member functions.
- Understand the concept of data abstraction and encapsulation.
- Learn how to overload functions and operators in C++.
- Learn how inheritance and virtual functions implement dynamic binding with polymorphism.
- Design and implement generic classes with C++ templates.
- Learn how to Implement SDL graphic libraries to develop a GUI based programs.
- Boost your hireability through innovative and independent learning.
- Get a certificate on successful completion of the course.
The course can be taken by:
Students: All students who are pursuing professional graduate/post-graduate courses related to computer science or Information Technology.
Teachers/Faculties: All computer science and engineering teachers/faculties.
Professionals: All IT professionals from software programming domain.
Why learn C++?
C++ is one of the most useful and complex programming languages with a huge area of application in the IT/Software industry. C++ overrides the complexities of 3D games, optimizes resource management and facilitates multiplayer with networking. Many highly used applications, such as Image Ready, Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, and Illustrator, are scripted in C++. Prospects are bright for candidates with knowledge of programming languages like C++. Demand for professionals with a deep knowledge of object-oriented programming using C++ arrays, and C++ structures, and C++ objects is very high. C++ for gaming projects is very popular. So anybody familiar with C++ programming can make a career as a gaming professional.
- 24X7 Access: You can view lectures as per your own convenience.
- Online lectures: 16 hours of online lectures with high-quality videos.
- Updated Quality content: Content is latest and gets updated regularly to meet the current industry demands.
Test & Evaluation
Each lecture will have a quiz containing a set of multiple choice questions. Apart from that, there will be a final test based on multiple choice questions.
Your evaluation will include the overall scores achieved in each lecture quiz and the final test.
- The access to the course can be extended 3 months at a time (for upto 4 times) just by sending a mail requesting for an extension to the email id in the footer.
- The hard copy of the certificate shall be shipped to your registered address or your college
- There is no soft copy of the certificate.
- To get access to the certificate - you need to take the online exam at the end of the course
Basic mathematical calculation skills and logical skills
As a part of this program, you are required to do project work. The project specifications have been drawn in consultation with the industry. The project work has to meet these specifications and can be done in group of upto 5 members.
Sieve of Eratosthenes(~1 hours)
1. Write a program that lists all the prime numbers up to a desired limit set by the user.
2. Display all the primes in the form of a list.
Matrix Calculator(~2 hours)
1. Write a program to perform various operations on 2-D arrays (Matrices).
2. Program should prompt the user to input two 2-D arrays.
3. Program then should ask about the choice of operation between them (addition, subtraction and multiplication).
4. Program should also check for the validation of the matrices that whether they are suitable for these operations or not. This can be achieved by checking the number of rows and columns to be equal for addition and subtraction, and checking if the number of columns in the 1st matrix is equal to the number of rows in the 2nd one.
5. The program should then print the result matrix in its matrix form.
Number base converter(~1 hours)
1. Write a program to convert Binary number to Decimal Number and vice versa, Octal to Decimal and vice versa and Binary to Octal and vise versa.
2. The Program will prompt the user to select from which number system to which number system they want to convert.
3. Then the program should take the user input to be converted and Print the result.
Basic Billing System(~1 hours)
1. Write a program in which there are some commodities with some predefined prices, and prompt the user to select the commodities to buy and enter the number of commodities which they have bought.
2. The program will then take in the user data and calculate the bill by calculating the products of the number of commodities with their unit price and then adding it for all commodities.
3. The Program will then print the Bill in tabular form along with the Total amount to be paid.
A Basic Modern Periodic table(~2 hours)
1. Write a program to display the Atomic no., Atomic mass, group no., period no. and Symbol of the element inputted by the user (upto atomic number 20).
2. Programs needs an element class and each element needs to be an object of it with attributes as stated above.
3. The element data has to be predefined by the programmer.
4. The program will prompt the user to enter the name of the element they want the data about.
5. The program will then print all the respective attributes about the element.
A Basic Currency converter(~1 hours)
1. Write a program to convert INR to Dollar and vice-versa.
2. The Program will prompt the user to select whether they want to convert from INR to Dollar or Vice-Versa.
3. The Program will take input from the user in either INR or Dollar, and convert it into the other one based on current standard.
A Compound interest Calculator(~2 hours)
1. Write a program to calculate the compound interest on a principal amount on a rate of interest, for a specific time (in years).
2. The Program will prompt the user to enter the Principal amount, the rate of interest per annum and the time for which the principal is compounded.
3. The program should have provisions for if the interest is compounded yearly, quarterly or half-yearly, and hence should use different operation for different cases.
4. The program will then display the interest and the amount to be paid after the period of loan.
Please make sure that these slides are not copied from any source and it should be based on your own research / learning from the course.