The aim of this course is to make you aware of the functioning of a multi-user operating system. This course serves as a foundation course for other higher level course in UNIX. The course will help you to learn commands while doing practical and it emphasizes more on those switches/options and flags which are most frequently used in real life.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand Operating System concepts
- Use System calls and memory management
- Use Unix commands and editors
- Carry out Unix File management and shell programming in Unix
- Do Network configuration and security management in Unix
The course can be taken by:
Students: All students who are pursuing any technical or professional degree courses in computer science IT.
Teachers/Faculties: All teachers/faculties who wish to acquire new skills or enhance their skills in UNIX and shell programming
Professionals: All working professionals, who wish to acquire new skills or who need to improve their efficiency in UNIX and shell programming.
Why learn basics of OS, Unix and Shell programming?
Unix and Shell Programming, are among the top skills that employers are seeking in their prospective employees every year. The top reason for the popularity of Unix Shell Scripting is its robust scope. It is a powerful programming method that can help you learn the command-line better, save time, and do away with tedious file management tasks. Shell scripting is at the heart of making OS work! With a rising requirement for speedy processing of huge amounts of data generated by applications, Unix is used more than ever to significantly reduce the turnaround time for the job. While the demand continues to grow for Unix shell scripting talent, there remains a shortage of experienced professionals in the market. There are unlimited career advancement opportunities for developers and systems administrators who are skilled in Unix Shell Scripting. Unix skills can also help IT professionals diversify into top-paying fields such as ETL Development/Testing, Big Data & Hadoop Development/Testing, Java Development/Testing, Unix SQL Production Support, and many other areas. However, choose some additional option with shell scripting, like Unix Systems Administration to get the best job opportunities.
24X7 Access: You can view lectures as per your own convenience.
Online lectures: ~11 hours of online lectures with high-quality videos.
Updated Quality content: Content is latest and gets updated regularly to meet the current industry demands.
Test & Evaluation
There will be a final test containing a set of multiple choice questions. Your evaluation will include the scores achieved in the final test.
- The access to the course can be extended 3 months at a time (for upto 4 times) just by sending a mail requesting for an extension to the email id in the footer.
- The hard copy of the certificate shall be shipped to your registered address or your college
- There is no soft copy of the certificate.
- To get access to the certificate - you need to take the online exam at the end of the course