All About Prevention of Sexual Harassment at Workplace
In this course, you will learn nearly everything about sexual harassment at workplace. This course will begin with vishakha guidelines followed by the sexual harassment of women at workplace (prevention, prohibition and redressal) act, 2013. It covers some of the basic definitions like aggrieved woman, domestic worker, employee and employer.
Then the course will cover the history of the law on sexual harassment in India, and the structural framework of the Act. After that, it will cover about the nature of sexual harassment at the workplace, its causes and consequences. Apart from that, it also covers prevention of sexual harassment, constitution of internal complaints committee, constitution of local complaints committee, complaint of sexual harassment, inquiry into complaint, duties of employer, duties and powers of district officer etc.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the concept, status, significance of Sexual Harassment at workplace in India
- Understand the legal measures and guidelines on Sexual Harassment
- Understand the major legal provisions of Sexual Harassment at workplace act
- Understand the history of the law on Sexual Harassment in India
- Analyse the structural framework of the act
- Get aware of the nature of sexual harassment at the workplace, its causes and consequences
Why learn prevention of Sexual Harassment at workplace?
Sexual harassment harms us all. Harassment leads to absenteeism, poor morale, loss of focus, and legal consequences. Failure to prevent sexual harassment in the workplace will break compliance with title VII of the Civil Rights Act and similar state civil rights laws and fair employment laws. Sexual harassment in the workplace is a serious problem that affects many employees and organizations.
Research indicates that 90 percent of the Fortune 500 companies have at one time or the other dealt with a complaint of sexual harassment and that more than a third of them have faced lawsuits related to this issue. It's also a fact that this problem in not limited to the largest or most profitable organizations. The employers may be held liable for sexual harassment claims unless they develop, communicate and enforce policies defining and banning sexual harassment. Therefore awareness about Sexual harassment is a critical component.
- The access to the course can be extended 3 months at a time (for upto 4 times) just by sending a mail requesting for an extension to the email id in the footer.
- The hard copy of the certificate shall be shipped to your registered address or your college
- There is no soft copy of the certificate.
- To get access to the certificate - you need to take the online exam at the end of the course