Learning Perl, 5th Edition by Tom Phoenix, Randal Schwartz, and Brian foy
- This is an excellent book for someone wanting to learn Perl who already has some exposure to programming in general.
- This is a very good book for beginners; it guides the reader from the most basics steps in Perl to a medium level.
- This book is very helpful for learning Perl with some programming background.
- Very good book starting with the basics and moving up to more advanced topics.
- This book is a great starting point for Perl 5 programming, Brian d foy covers the basics masterfully, giving you a great boost into the language.
Programming Perl, 3rd Edition by Tom Christiansen, Jon Orwant, and Larry Wall
- This book is _the_ book to get when you want to get serious about Perl.
- Larry Wall is the Perl Master. I used this book to learn Perl.
- This is the definitive book on Perl.
- An excellent book on Perl, written by the author of Perl himself.
- Comprehensive guide to perl programming.
- Great book for beginners and experienced programmers.
Intermediate Perl by Tom Phoenix, Randal Schwartz, and Brian Foy
- This is a good book, especially if you are doing a training session about Perl.
- This book has advanced my knowledge of perl better than any other!
- This is a good book for anyone to learn perl by yourself.
- This is a great reference book for Perl.
- Everything is explained very well and there are plenty of examples. It really is ideal for self study.
Beginning Perl 1st Edition by Curtis Poe
- One of the best Perl books out there.
- Everyone on my team read this book and now they are doing Perl - Awesome!
- Really good book in my opinion, one of the newest today, this is a very important thing because Perl is involving very quickly.
- As a beginner, I found this book to be well-written and a great resource for the money.
- This is a great book covering all of the current best practices on perl in an easy and enjoyable form.
Modern Perl by Chromatic
- This book is enjoyable, informative, and it reacquainted me with my old friend Perl.
- Mostly excellent advice on how to write programs in Perl in the 'modern way.
- An excellent book that covers exactly what the title says.
- Excellent concise book with a lot of references to external sources.
- This book is Perl's new bible. It is by far the clearest Perl overview, explaining the logic behind the language's features.
- This book is fantastic: as a guide to modern Perl programming, there is nothing better.
Higher-Order Perl: Transforming Programs with Programs by Mark Jason Dominus
- It is a great book about higher-order programming, which happens to use Perl to illustrate these concepts.
- For serious Perl programmers, Higher Order Perl is a must-read book.
- Probably the best advanced Perl book.
- Good book, for people with computer science background! otherwise a little hard to understand the algorithm.