MongoDB Cookbook by Amol Nayak
- MongoDB Cookbook by Amol Nayak is a succinct, yet thorough, cookbook for anyone interested in working with MongoDB.
- A very good book in the cookbook style.
- MongoDB Cookbook covers many administrative and programming matters.
- I found updated information on this book
- Easy to read with lots of concise examples.
MongoDB: The Definitive Guide 1st Edition by Kristina Chodorow and Michael Dirolf
- It is a good first book, for those who what to scratch the surface of MongoDB.
- Very impressive and powerful book. Thanks Kristina & Michael.
- Super useful, helpful diagrams; guides you through setup to more advanced topics.
- Very good and up to date book. All the basis about mongoDB are there, and many more...
- Very informative on how Mongodb works with some great use cases.
MongoDB in Action by Kyle Banker
- It covers the product very well. The explanations are clear and detailed enough.
- Very good book. Easy to read and lots of examples.
- It touches everything but in a concise fashion.
- It's simple to read and understand, maybe because MongoDB is simple or maybe because the book is simple.
- It was a fast read that gave me all the knowledge I need.
MongoDB Basics 1st Edition by Peter Membrey, David Hows, and Eelco Plugge
- I think this book is superb for the novice who knows nothing about MongoDB!
- I found the book easy to read and follow.
- Good info for beginners, I recommend it.
- Covers the basics. Also covers a little bit of Geospatial operations and GridFS.
- A good starter book before advancing to the reference material on the website.
Data Modeling for MongoDB by Steve Hoberman
- Excellent book by Steve, clear, concise and easy to consume!
- This is another good book by Steve Hoberman. I recommend the book.
- Bravo, Mr. Hoberman for this excellent reference material.
- I think that this is an excellent read even if you are not doing MongoDB.
- If you need to build a system that is well designed ans supportable, this should be the first book you pick up.
- I highly recommend this book.
- Excellent book cover all topics step by step with a good examples and a good theory in order to understand better the new paradigm.
- This one will is typical and informative
- You are going to be able to nail down and get an understanding of NOSQL, hitting it chapter by chapter.
- The author shows you how to work with various languages: PHP, Java, Python and Node.js. Enough to get a budding programmer on the road
- It walks you through the basics of NOSQL. If you know SQL, then NOSQL is something that you must learn as it ubiquity is evident.
Scaling MongoDB by Kristina Chodorow
- It's a great book on Mongo, succinct and complete.
- Great information, and very useful.
- An enjoyable quick reading if you already know about MongoDB and you need more processing power.
- The book is an enjoyable introduction to scaling MongoDB.
MongoDB Applied Design Patterns by Rick Copeland
- The book makes it very clear that document-based databases is the future of data in the web.
- The book is very comprehensive and Copelands gets to the point really fast which is what I like on this book.
- One of the most useful books which illustrates how to apply mongoDB to solve real world problems.
- A well written book, that if you have already worked with MongoDB you will be able to read quickly and learn from examples provided.