About the course
Professor Amey Karkare, a faculty of the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, at the Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur has designed this course from the bottom up, assuming that the user doesn’t have any prior programming knowledge and experience. Dr. Karkare has worked with our development team to create the quality course content which can be easily followed by the all sections of learners ranging from an average learner to a proficient one. The most unique thing about this course is that, each concept has been covered from the basic level and is well supported with practical hands on practice. This course comprises of video lectures which can be viewed online and offline as per the convenience of the user. It also includes hands on practice exercises, which makes it all together a complete package.
This course has been designed keeping in mind, the needs of learners, who wish to learn Python and build desktop and web based applications using Python. In this course, the user will be able to learn to write programs in Python using the loops, conditional statements etc. The user will also understand about the other building blocks of programs such as functions or methods. In addition to this, the user will learn about exceptions, classes, file handling and operations, and many other important topics related to Python programming. In addition to this, the user will be able to learn some advanced programming concepts which are object oriented programming concepts including inheritance. The other topics include introduction to iterators, recursion, concept of searching, sorting, and the Tower of Hanoi. The users taking this course will be benefited because they'll deal with the most fundamental as well as some advanced and complex topics in Python programming which will eventually enhance their thinking and problem solving skills. Python is the most useful language for many application domains. This language has a wide application area which includes desktop GUIs, and web development. It is also used in scientific and numeric computing. It is one of the best language for teaching programing at the beginner and advanced levels. So, this is an evergreen language for software programmers.
- After learning the course on Python programming, the user will be able get well versed with the fundamental and advanced concepts of Python.
- The user will be able to teach/train others who intend to learn Python programming.
- The user will be able to develop his/her own Desktop/Web based applications using Python programming language.
- The user will be able to clear job interviews for the job of a Software Developer in Python.
- The user will be awarded with a certificate from Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur. The user can add that in his/her curriculum vitae.
This course on Python Programming is for everyone who is interested in learning programming using Python. The course can be taken by:
Students: All students who are pursuing professional graduate/post-graduate courses, and looking forward to a career in software development, can take this course.
Teachers/Faculties: All teachers/faculties who want to enhance their skills, and are passionate to deliver their learning to their students, can take this course. The certificate will be another feather in their hat.
Professionals: All working professionals, who want to enhance their skills in traditional software development domain and want to switch to another language in application development domain, can take this course.
As per the market research, Python is the most useful programming language and has a very big area of application. It is used in developing Desktop GUIs and Web based applications. It is also used for scientific and numeric computing. It is also one of the best programming language for teaching purpose, both beginner level and advanced level. Python is often used as a support language for software developers, for build control and management, testing, and in many other ways. Python is also used to build ERP and e-commerce systems. So, it is worth learning Python, because this is an evergreen language and will always be in demand.
- Scholarship: The scholarships are provided to the applicants based on their merits.
- 24X7 Access: Users can view lectures as per their own convenience.
- Online lectures: 8 hours of video lectures is available in the course, with high quality videos which can be viewed online and offline.
- Hands on practice: The questions are included in each of the lectures which provides hands on learning, and are also used for evaluating how much the user is able to understand the topics covered in the lectures.
- Updated Quality content: The content has been designed and created by Professor Amey Karkare, who is a faculty from the department of Computer Science and Engineering, at the Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur.The course content is latest, easy to follow, and in accordance with the current industry demands.
Each lecture will have a quiz which is nothing but a set of multiple choice questions. Apart from that, there will be a final test. The final test will also be based on multiple choice questions.
The user is evaluated on the basis of overall scores achieved in each lecture quiz and the scores achieved in final test.
For getting the course completion certificate, the user will have to complete all the lectures including the quizzes. After completing the lectures, the user will be given an opportunity to take the final test. After successful completion of the test, the online certificate will be generated for the user, and the certificate in hard copy will be sent to the user.