About the course
Professor Aradhna Malik, a faculty from the School of Management at the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur has designed this course on Principles of Human Resources and Management for the management aspirants, who are interested in learning and understanding the fundamental concepts of Human Resource Management. Currently, the most critical function in any organization is the management of human resources and it plays an important role in the smooth functioning of an organization. If the employees of the organization are satisfied and contented, they add more values to the company. So, it is necessary to maintain a balance between achieving the goals of the organization and also managing the human resources which are ultimately the sources for achieving the same. This course teaches the fundamental concepts and strategies for managing the human resources effectively. This course comprises of video lectures which can be viewed online and offline as per the convenience of the user. It also has questions/assignments for hands on practice. So, this makes it all together a complete package.
In this course, the user will learn about the basics of analyzing and designing the jobs, planning of human resources, recruiting employees which involves interviewing and selecting the potential candidates as per the job requirement. In addition to this, the user will learn about the compensation management which includes salary and perks, performance incentive and bonus structures. The course will cover the appraisal process, performance management and evaluation, training and development, career development, promotions and transfers, insurance and retirement benefits, employee relations and many other aspects of human resource management.
- After learning the course on Principles of Human Resource Management, the user will be well versed with fundamentals of Human Resources and Managing these human resources.
- The user will be able to teach and train the others who are looking to learn the fundamental concepts of human resource management.
- The user will be able to create his/her own strategies for managing the resources effectively and implement them in his/her own company.
- Learning the principles of Human Resource Management will help the users to crack job interviews in the field of HR management, the user will be on demand due to less availability of the HR professionals.
- The user will be awarded with a certificate from Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur. The user can add that in his/her curriculum vitae.
This course on Principles of Human Resource Management is for everyone who is interested in learning the fundamental concepts of Human Resource Management. The course can be taken by:
Students: All students who are pursuing any professional or any management courses, and looking for a career in HR management, can take this course.
Teachers/Faculties: All teachers/faculties who want to learn the fundamental concepts and principles of Human Resource Management, and are passionate to deliver their learning to their students, can take this course. The certificate will be another feather in your hat.
Professionals: All working professionals, who want to enhance their management skills and are interested in making a switch over to management, can take this course.
Human Resource Management is a function in an organization which focuses on recruiting, managing and directing employees who are working in the organization. Human Resource Management deals with issues related to compensation, performance management, organization development, safety, wellness, benefits, employee motivation, training and others. Human Resource Management plays a strategic role in managing people and the workplace culture and environment. If effective, it can contribute greatly to the overall company direction and the accomplishment of its goals and objectives.
Career prospects for different Human Resources positions vary by position but they range from growing as fast as the average of other occupations to growing faster than average, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics in the Occupational Outlook Handbook. Human Resource Management has great scope in India. With the increasing amount of youth population in India and increasing job opportunities in IT & various other sectors, the demand for young and talented people has increased to a greater extent. The scope of HR is great because of existence of many new HR related demands such as advanced performance appraisal systems, Human Resource Information System, job satisfaction, employee involvement, corporate governance etc.
- Scholarship: The scholarships are provided to the applicants based on their merits.
- 24X7 Access: Users can view lectures as per their own convenience.
- Online lectures: 21 hours of video lectures is available in the course, with high quality videos which can be viewed online and offline.
- Updated Quality content: This course has been designed by Professor Aradhna Malik, who is a faculty from the school of Business at the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur. The course content is latest, easy to follow, and in accordance with the current industry demands. It has been designed by the renowned faculties and industry experts.
Each lecture will have a quiz which is nothing but a set of multiple choice questions. Apart from that, there will be a final test. The final test will also be based on multiple choice questions.
The user is evaluated on the basis of overall scores achieved in each lecture quiz and the scores achieved in final test.
For getting the course completion certificate, the user will have to complete all the lectures including the quizzes. After completing the lectures, the user will be given an opportunity to take the final test. After successful completion of the test, the online certificate will be generated for the user, and the certificate in hard copy will be sent to the user.