About the course
This course helps the learners to get complete hang of the database concepts using MySQL, which is one of the most widely used database in the industry. In this course, you’ll learn to deal with databases which is the backbone of any personal or commercial software. This course facilitates the user to understand fundamentals of database, which includes dealing with database, working with tables and data, understanding and writing queries.This course comprises of video lectures which can be viewed online and offline as per the convenience of the user. It also has practice questions, downloadable source code files for saving user's time in typing the source code, since almost the entire course is hands on. So, this makes it all together a complete package.
This course covers the fundamental concepts of relational database management system. This course covers creation of database, creation of tables, writing queries to insert data, update, delete and fetch the data from the tables. Merging of tables, using aggregate functions, clauses to filter and sort the data, has been covered in detail. The course mainly focuses on practical approach and expects the user to try hands on with the exercises to get completely proficient in working with MySQL.
- After learning the course on MySQL, the user will become well versed with the concepts of relational database management system. Taking this course will develop a self-confidence in the user to create play around with data in the tables of a database.
- The user will be able to teach/train others who are looking to learn MySQL.
- The user will be able to create his/her own database, tables, and work around with data by writing queries.
- Learning MySQL will make the user proficient in handling database, and create big career opportunities for the user.
- The user will be able to crack job interviews for Database developer/Database Administrator/Database Manager.
- The user will be awarded with a certificate from Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur. The user can add that in his/her curriculum vitae.
This course on MySQL is for everyone who is interested in learning the fundamental and advanced database concepts. The course can be taken by:
Students: All students who are pursuing professional graduate/post-graduate courses, and looking forward to a career in Database administration/Database management, can take this course.
Teachers/Faculties: All teachers/faculties who want to learn MySQL, and enhance their knowledge and understanding of the database concepts, and are passionate to deliver their learnings to their students, can take this course. The certificate will be another feather in your hat.
Professionals: All working professionals, who want to enhance their skills and want to learn database development/database management/database administration, can take this course.
MySQL provides a implementation of a SQL database very well suited for small to medium web pages. The database is free and open source with a commercial license available (MySQL is now owned by Oracle after they bought Sun). Common applications for MySQL include php and java based web applications that require a DB storage backend, e.g. Dokuwiki, Joomla, xwiki etc. Very many applications that use MySQL are geared towards the LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL, php).
MySQL DBA skills are highly sought after in the marketplace.Prospects are bright for candidates with knowledge of Database. A survey of IT managers conducted by Information Week in December 2000 showed that the top two database management execution issues faced by companies are: ease of administration and availability of qualified administrators. So, there is a huge demand of database managers and administrators in the industry. So, it’s worth learning MySQL, if you’re looking for a bright career in Database management/database administration.
- Scholarship: The scholarships are provided to the applicants based on their merits.
- 24X7 Access: Users can view lectures as per their own convenience.
- Online lectures: 6 hours of video lectures is available in the course, with high quality videos which can be viewed online and offline.
- Hands on practice: The course is supported with hands-on practice with downloadable source code files demonstrated in the lectures.
- Updated Quality content: The course content is latest, easy to follow, and in accordance with the current industry demands. It has been designed by the renowned faculties and industry experts.
Each lecture will have a quiz which is nothing but a set of multiple choice questions. Apart from that, there will be a final test. The final test will also be based on multiple choice questions.
The user is evaluated on the basis of overall scores achieved in each lecture quiz and the scores achieved in final test.
For getting the course completion certificate, the user will have to complete all the lectures including the quizzes. After completing the lectures, the user will be given an opportunity to take the final test. After successful completion of the test, the online certificate will be generated for the user, and the certificate in hard copy will be sent to the user.