About the course
The Java collections framework course is designed to help the users to understand the use of data structures to organize data in the program.This course enables the users to work play around with data and organize the data using the collection classes and interfaces. This course comprises of video lectures which can be viewed online and offline as per the convenience of the user. It also has practice questions, downloadable source code files for saving user's time in typing the source code, since almost the entire course is hands on. So, this makes it all together a complete package.
This course covers the fundamentals of collection framework in Java. In this course, the user will be able to go into more detail as he/she delve into the interface and class hierarchy for collections. Unlike arrays, all collections can dynamically grow or shrink in size. It is known that the collections hold groups of objects. The user will be able to work with List interface, Map interface and Set interface, along with the classes that implement these interfaces, such as ArrayLIst, LinkedList, HashMap, SortedMap, HashSet, Treeset etc. The course also covers the use of Iterator class of the Iterable interface which was later replaced by the enhanced for loop.
- After learning the course on Java collections framework, the user will be proficient in working with collections in Java.
- Java Collections is another important section of Core Java, so learning this course will help the user enhance their knowledge in core Java.
- The user will be able to teach and train the others who are looking for detailed practical implementation of Collections in Java.
- This is a topic which forms the backbone of core Java, and is most frequently asked topic in interviews and other certification exams, so user will be able to crack them easily.
- The user will be able to successfully work with collection classes and interfaces practically, in developing his/her own Java application.
- The user will be awarded with a certificate from Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur. The user can add that in his/her curriculum vitae.
This course on Java Collections framework is for everyone who is interested in learning collections in core Java. The course can be taken by:
Students: All students who are pursuing professional graduate/post-graduate courses, and looking forward to a bright and successful career in Software development/Mobile application development, can take this course.
Teachers/Faculties: All teachers/faculties who want to learn about Collections framework in Java, and enhance their knowledge and understanding of the fundamental concepts of Collections, and are passionate to deliver their learnings to their students, can take this course. The certificate will be another feather in your hat.
Professionals: All working professionals, who want to enhance their skills and understanding of collections in core Java, and want to take their career to the next level, can take this course.
As per the official website of Java, the most important part of Core Java platform is the collections framework. The term "collection", refers to an object representing a group of objects (such as the classic Vector class). The collections framework is a unified architecture, which represents and manipulates collections, enables collections to be modified independently of implementation details. Learning Java collections framework decreases the efforts required in programming, as it provides data structures and algorithms, and thus the programmer doesn't have to put efforts in writing them. It enables interoperability between unrelated APIs, as it establishes a common language to pass collections back and forth.
A fresher with knowledge of core Java and Java collections framework, can earn upto 4-5 lakhs p.a. With experience and recognized certifications, Java Programmers can earn as high as 12-13 lakhs p.a. Most of the top MNCs as well as start-ups are hunting for Java Professionals who have sound knowledge of core Java concepts including the collections framework. Whether it is Infosys, Accenture, IBM, TCS, demand for Java Professionals is on a rise! Google, Amazon, LinkedIn, Blogger, Ebay, Twitter, all use Java to build useful applications. Java is the base for learning Big Data and Hadoop. You can master Hadoop and its fundamentals, only if you are well familiar with Java. So, Java is the key to unlock your career opportunities that are waiting for you!
- Scholarship: The scholarships are provided to the applicants based on their merits.
- 24X7 Access: Users can view lectures as per their own convenience.
- Online lectures: 3 hours of video lectures is available in the course, with high quality videos which can be viewed online and offline.
- Hands on practice: The course is supported with hands-on practice with downloadable source code files demonstrated in the lectures.
- Updated Quality content: The course content is latest, easy to follow, and in accordance with the current industry demands. It has been designed by the renowned faculties and industry experts.
Each lecture will have a quiz which is nothing but a set of multiple choice questions. Apart from that, there will be a final test. The final test will also be based on multiple choice questions.
The user is evaluated on the basis of overall scores achieved in each lecture quiz and the scores achieved in final test.
For getting the course completion certificate, the user will have to complete all the lectures including the quizzes. After completing the lectures, the user will be given an opportunity to take the final test. After successful completion of the test, the online certificate will be generated for the user, and the certificate in hard copy will be sent to the user.