About the course
This course helps transform the learners to quality Java developers, who can add value to the software industry. In this course, you’ll learn the fundamental concepts of core Java, which pave the way to build an elementary application followed by a full fledged industrial software. This course facilitates the user to understand the building blocks of an application which can be built using the fundamental concepts of object oriented programming.This course comprises of video lectures which can be viewed online and offline as per the convenience of the user. It also has practice questions, downloadable source code files for saving user's time in typing the source code, since almost the entire course is hands on. So, this makes it all together a complete package.
This course covers the fundamental concepts of Java programming including working with operators, functions, loops etc. Advanced concepts like object oriented programming are also covered in this course, which includes working with classes and objects, using Inheritance and encapsulation, polymorphism, abstraction etc. The course mainly focuses on practical approach and expects the user to try hands on with the exercises to get a complete hang of it.
- After learning the course on Java programming, the user will become well versed with the concepts of Java programming. Taking this course will develop a self-confidence in the user to create a console based Java application.
- The user will be able to teach/train others who are looking to learn core Java.
- The user will be able to create his/her own console based and GUI based applications by using the concepts covered in the course.
- Learning Java will make the user ready for mobile applications development on Android platform.
- The user will be able to crack job interviews for Java developer and Android developer.
- The user will be awarded with a certificate from Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur. The user can add that in his/her curriculum vitae.
This course on Java programming is for everyone who is interested in learning the fundamental and advanced programming concepts like Object oriented programming. The course can be taken by:
Students: All students who are pursuing professional graduate/post-graduate courses, and looking forward to a career in Software development/Mobile application development etc, can take this course.
Teachers/Faculties: All teachers/faculties who want to learn Java and enhance their knowledge and understanding of the advanced OOPS concepts, and are passionate to deliver their learnings to their students, can take this course. The certificate will be another feather in your hat.
Professionals: All working professionals, who want to enhance their skills and want to learn Mobile application development on Android platform, can take this course.
Java is an open source, platform independent language. In subsequent years, the language has become the backbone of millions of applications across multiple platforms including Windows, Macintosh and UNIX-based desktops, Android-based mobiles, embedded systems and enterprise solutions. According to Oracle (that acquired Sun Microsystems in 2010), Java now runs on more than 3 billion devices. Java is the most useful programming language for developing GUI based applications. Java Platform, Micro Edition (Java ME or J2ME) is a cross-platform framework to build applications that run across all Java supported devices, including feature phones and smartphones.
Embedded systems, ranging from tiny chips to specialized computers, are components of larger electromechanical systems performing dedicated tasks. Several devices, such as SIM cards, blue-ray disk players, utility meters and televisions, use embedded Java technologies. According to Oracle, 100% of Blu-ray Disc Players and 125 million TV devices employ Java. Java is the choice of many software developers for writing applications involving scientific calculations and mathematical operations. These programs are generally considered to be fast and secure, have a higher degree of portability and low maintenance. Applications like MATLAB use Java both for interacting user interface and as part of the core system.
From tiny embedded systems to anything as Big as Hadoop, Java is the base for several applications. It is good to learn Java not only to become a Java Programmer but also to move to the next level in your career by getting trained in Android or Hadoop. As we all know, Android has emerged as one of the best career options, Android developers need to know Java in order to develop applications and games in Android. Similarly, Java is the base for learning Big Data and Hadoop. You can master Hadoop and its fundamentals, only if you are well familiar with Java.
Prospects are bright for candidates with knowledge of programming languages like Java. As of 2017, there are a lot of opportunities for Java programmers. With a projected growth rate of 19 percent for the 2014-2024 period (according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics for all application programming), the career prospects for Java programmers are indeed excellent.
- Scholarship: The scholarships are provided to the applicants based on their merits.
- 24X7 Access: Users can view lectures as per their own convenience.
- Online lectures: 5 hours of video lectures is available in the course, with high quality videos which can be viewed online and offline.
- Hands on practice: The course is supported with hands-on practice with downloadable source code files demonstrated in the lectures.
- Updated Quality content: The course content is latest, easy to follow, and in accordance with the current industry demands. It has been designed by the renowned faculties and industry experts.
Each lecture will have a quiz which is nothing but a set of multiple choice questions. Apart from that, there will be a final test. The final test will also be based on multiple choice questions.
The user is evaluated on the basis of overall scores achieved in each lecture quiz and the scores achieved in final test.
For getting the course completion certificate, the user will have to complete all the lectures including the quizzes. After completing the lectures, the user will be given an opportunity to take the final test. After successful completion of the test, the online certificate will be generated for the user, and the certificate in hard copy will be sent to the user.