About the course
If you’re new to the programming world, this is the right course to step into this world of programming. This course covers the fundamentals of programming starting from the extreme basics. This course will help the beginner to understand the process of creating a computer program which is capable of performing the desired operations. This course comprises of video lectures which can be viewed online and offline as per the convenience of the user. It also has practice questions, downloadable source code files for saving user's time in typing the source code, since almost the entire course is hands on. So, this makes it all together a complete package.
- After learning the course on Introduction to programming, the user will be proficient in creating and understanding basic level programs.
- The user will be able to teach and train the others who are looking to learn programming fundamentals.
- The user will be able to write elementary level and complex programs.
- The user will be able to go ahead and try learning more complex programming languages like C++, Java etc.
- The user will be awarded with a certificate from Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur. The user can add that in his/her curriculum vitae.
This course on Introduction to Programming is for everyone who is interested in learning programming. The course can be taken by:
Students: All students who are looking forward to learn programming and seeking for a career in Software development/Mobile application development, can take this course.
Teachers/Faculties: All teachers/faculties who want to learn fundamental concepts of programming, and are passionate to deliver their learnings to their students, can take this course. The certificate will be another feather in your hat.
India is the topmost offshoring destination for IT companies across the world. Having proven its capabilities in delivering both onshore and offshore services to global clients, emerging technologies now offer an entire new gamut of opportunities for top IT firms in India. US$ 150 billion Indian IT industry’s export revenue to grow at 7-8% and domestic market revenue is projected to grow at 10-11 per cent in 2017-18. Exchange Rate Usd: INR 1 = US$ 0.015 as on October 05, 2017.
The career prospects are bright for the candidates looking forward to be a part of the growing IT industry. Employment of software developers is projected to grow 24 percent from 2016 to 2026, much faster than the average for all occupations. Software developers will be needed to respond to an increased demand for computer software. So, there is a increasing demand of software professional is this industry, and it’s worth going for the course on fundamentals of programming.
- Scholarship: The scholarships are provided to the applicants based on their merits.
- 24X7 Access: Users can view lectures as per their own convenience.
- Online lectures: 5 hours of video lectures is available in the course, with high quality videos which can be viewed online and offline.
- Hands on practice: The course is supported with hands-on practice with downloadable source code files demonstrated in the lectures.
- Updated Quality content: The course content is latest, easy to follow, and in accordance with the current industry demands. It has been designed by the renowned faculties and industry experts.
Each lecture will have a quiz which is nothing but a set of multiple choice questions. Apart from that, there will be a final test. The final test will also be based on multiple choice questions.
The user is evaluated on the basis of overall scores achieved in each lecture quiz and the scores achieved in final test.
For getting the course completion certificate, the user will have to complete all the lectures including the quizzes. After completing the lectures, the user will be given an opportunity to take the final test. After successful completion of the test, the online certificate will be generated for the user, and the certificate in hard copy will be sent to the user.