About the course
Professor Arnab Bhattacharya, a faculty of the department of Computer Science and Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, has designed this fundamental course on Database Systems. This course is all about the fundamentals database which forms the core of all successful digital systems. Dr. Bhattacharya has worked with our development team to create the quality course content for programming aspirants. This course comprises of video lectures which can be viewed online and offline as per the convenience of the user.
The unique thing about this course is that, this covers the the basics of database systems. In addition to the traditional relational database systems, it will also introduce briefly the new paradigm of NoSQL databases used in big data systems. The topics will cover all important aspects including normalization, query processing and transactions. Since database is the backbone of any desktop or web application, learning the fundamentals of database system will be greatest advantage for the users.
- After learning the Database course, the user will be able get well versed with the fundamentals and concepts of database management and systems.
- The user will be able to teach/train others who intend to learn database management.
- The user will be proficient in creating databases and using them in their applications.
- The user will be able to crack job interview of database administrator, database manager.
- The user will be awarded with a certificate from Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur. The user can add that in his/her curriculum vitae.
This course on database management is for everyone who is interested in learning database development. The course can be taken by:
Students: All students who are pursuing professional graduate/post-graduate courses, and looking forward to a career in database administration/database management, can take this course.
Teachers/Faculties: All teachers/faculties who want to learn database concepts, and are passionate to deliver their learnings to their students, can take this course. The certificate will be another feather in your hat.
Professionals: All working professionals, who want to enhance their skills and learn database concepts and management, can take this course.
Data is at the center of today's applications; today's organizations simply cannot operate without data. In many ways, business today is data. Without data, businesses would not have the ability to manage finances, conduct transactions, or contact their customers. A survey of IT managers conducted by Information Week in December 2000 showed that the top two database management execution issues faced by companies are: ease of administration and availability of qualified administrators. So, there is a huge demand of database managers and administrators in the industry. So, it’s worth learning database management and administration.
- Scholarship: The scholarships are provided to the applicants based on their merits.
- 24X7 Access: Users can view lectures as per their own convenience.
- Online lectures: 15 hours of video lectures is available in the course, with high quality videos which can be viewed online and offline.
- Hands on practice: The source code files are included in the course. These are downloadable files and enables the users to go for hands on practice with the sample programs.
- Updated Quality content: The content has been designed and created by Professor Arnab Bhattacharya, who is a faculty from the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, at the Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur. The course content is latest, easy to follow, and in accordance with the current industry demands.
Each lecture will have a quiz which is nothing but a set of multiple choice questions. Apart from that, there will be a final test. The final test will also be based on multiple choice questions.
The user is evaluated on the basis of overall scores achieved in each lecture quiz and the scores achieved in final test.
For getting the course completion certificate, the user will have to complete all the lectures including the quizzes. After completing the lectures, the user will be given an opportunity to take the final test. After successful completion of the test, the online certificate will be generated for the user, and the certificate in hard copy will be sent to the user.