About the course
Professor Sudeshna Sarkar, a faculty of the department of Computer Science and Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, has designed this course on Machine Learning. This course provides a concise introduction to the fundamental concepts in machine learning and popular machine learning algorithms. Dr. Sarkar has worked with our development team to create the quality course content for the learners. This course comprises of video lectures which can be viewed online and offline as per the convenience of the user. The unique thing about this course is that, this course is accompanied by hands-on problem solving with programming in Python along with the lectures.
This course covers the standard and most popular supervised learning algorithms including linear regression, logistic regression, decision trees, k-nearest neighbour, an introduction to Bayesian learning and the naïve Bayes algorithm, support vector machines and kernels and neural networks with an introduction to Deep Learning. It also covers the basic clustering algorithms. Feature reduction methods will also be discussed. This course also introduces the basics of computational learning theory. Also, this course covers various issues related to the application of machine learning algorithms. This course also covers hypothesis space, overfitting, bias and variance, tradeoffs between representational power and learnability, evaluation strategies and cross-validation.
- After learning the course on machine learning, the user will become well versed with the concepts of Machine learning.
- The user will be able to teach/train others who intend to go ahead and learn Machine learning course.
- The user will be able to create his/her own applications using the concepts of Machine learning. These could be image recognition, speech recognition etc.
- Learning ML would make the user more knowledgeable in data science and thus more attractive in the labor market.
- The user will be able to crack job interviews for organizations dealing with Artificial Intelligence and Data science.
- The user will be awarded with a certificate from Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur. The user can add that in his/her curriculum vitae.
This course on Machine Learning is for everyone who is interested in learning the core concepts of Machine learning. The course can be taken by:
Students: All students who are pursuing professional graduate/post-graduate courses, and looking forward to a career in Artificial Intelligence/Data Science, Automation etc, can take this course.
Teachers/Faculties: All teachers/faculties who want to learn Machine Learning concepts, and are passionate to deliver their learnings to their students, can take this course. The certificate will be another feather in your hat.
Professionals: All working professionals, who want to enhance their skills and want to make a switch over to the field of Artificial Intelligence or Data Science, can take this course.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is indeed moving tremendously. Self-driving cars are AI applications, also, Siri on your iPhone as well as Youtube’s video recommendations are AI applications. Machine Learning is the rave of the moment. Tons of companies are going all out to hire competent engineers, as ML is gradually becoming the brain behind business intelligence. Just as humans learn from experience, ML systems learn from data. So, learning ML would make the user more knowledgeable in data science, and thus more attractive in the labor market. Also, there’s potentially positive demand of ML engineers. So, it’s worth learning having a go at the Machine learning course if you want to be a highly demanded ML professional.
- Scholarship: The scholarships are provided to the applicants based on their merits.
- 24X7 Access: Users can view lectures as per their own convenience.
- Online lectures: 22 hours of video lectures is available in the course, with high quality videos which can be viewed online and offline.
- Hands on practice: The course is supported with hands-on problem solving with programming in Python.
- Updated Quality content: The content has been designed and created by Professor Sudeshna Sarkar, who is a faculty from the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, at the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur. The course content is latest, easy to follow, and in accordance with the current industry demands.
Each lecture will have a quiz which is nothing but a set of multiple choice questions. Apart from that, there will be a final test. The final test will also be based on multiple choice questions.
The user is evaluated on the basis of overall scores achieved in each lecture quiz and the scores achieved in final test.
For getting the course completion certificate, the user will have to complete all the lectures including the quizzes. After completing the lectures, the user will be given an opportunity to take the final test. After successful completion of the test, the online certificate will be generated for the user, and the certificate in hard copy will be sent to the user.